DESC’s Business Services Division is a group of skilled and experienced professionals, dedicated to helping employers source or build the skills they need for their businesses.
- Talent RecruitmentAccess talent through DESC’s extensive partner network, including the Detroit at Work Career Centers located around the city of Detroit.
- Candidate Pre-ScreeningDESC’s Detroit at Work Career Centers assist with pre-screening candidates and developing a talent pipeline to provide the right match for employers’ open positions.
- Training ProgramsThe Business Services team can help coordinate training for employers in various industries and positions. Our training programs can also be customized to meet specific employer needs and address skills gaps. If you are a training organization, contact Business Services to apply to be included on our Preferred Provider list in order to receive referrals.
- Job Fairs and Recruitment EventsAs an employer, finding the right talent can be difficult. We can make your search for talent easier through job fairs and employer-specific recruitment events. Contact our Business Services team to discuss the different options available to address your hiring needs.
- Social MediaRecruiting talent requires a multi-faceted approach, including using social media and other digital channels and technology. Connect with Business Services to promote open job positions to a wide range of Detroit jobseekers and provide information about your organization.
- Labor market informationAccess real-time labor market data including wage data, local and regional job market statistics and workforce analyses. Because the Business Services team is out in the field talking to businesses and other hiring organizations, we are able to spot certain industry indicators to determine trends and shifts in the labor market. Talk to our team about how we might be able to help your organization plan for expansion and growth.
- MITalent ConnectOn the Pure Michigan Talent Connect site, employers can search for talent based on business need. Pre-screening candidates, tracking the number of job seekers viewing your job posts, and reaching a discreet target audience are just a few of the many features to help you find the best talent! https://www.mitalent.org/employer
- Detroit at Work Job SearchFor employers in the Metro Detroit area, job listings with a Detroit ZIP code are automatically pulled from MI Talent Connect and listed on the Detroit at Work site, and are a part of the Detroit at Work outreach campaign that reaches over 100,000 Detroiters every month. View the Detroit at Work job listing page here. Or, to find out how to set up an account with MI Talent Connect, click here to view a PDF with step-by-step instructions for creating an account and posting a Detroit job listing.
DESC works with a wide range of employers that make opportunities available to Detroiters. Thank you all for your partnership.