If you’re looking for a career in the healthcare field, Detroit at Work is pleased to be able to offer this paid Emergency Medical Technician training opportunity.
Our partner Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is looking for highly motivated candidates to join the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Industry. EMTs are trained as first responders for a variety of medical emergencies, often in lifesaving situations, and work in wide range of response scenarios including air-ambulance (helicopter). Not only does EMT training offer access to a well-paid career, it gives the opportunity to provide unique and valuable services to the Detroit community.
Training includes a 12-week EMT-B Student (Apprenticeship) Academy Program (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm) that will educate students and prepare them for the challenge of the National Registry Exam to become a Michigan Licensed EMS Responder.
Students will be paid ($8.90 per hour) to attend the class and all materials are covered by Superior Ambulance Service, and there is no cost for the students to attend the class. Upon receiving their Michigan EMS License, the student will be offered a full-time schedule (including company benefits) and a pay increase.
To apply, visit one of three Detroit at Work career centers (see link below), Training will take place in Warren, just off Dequindre between 9 Mile and 10 Mile Road, which can be easily accessed by bus.
- Class Begins: September 11, 2017 through December 1, 2017
- Class Duration: 12-weeks
- Class Meets: Monday-Friday from 8am- 5pm
- Class Location: 2000 Centerwood Dr., Warren, MI 48091
- Must have High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have a valid Michigan Driver’s License & obtain an “Enhanced Driver’s License” upon graduation
- Must have a good driving record and provide a copy of their Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) from the Secretary of State Office
- Must pass the Criminal Background Check
- Must pass the Physical, Drug Screen & Lift Test at (140 lbs.)
- Must provide documents that establish identity and employment authorization (e.g. Social Security Card, Birth Certificate or Passport)
- Should provide Immunization Record (e.g. Hepatitis B Series)
How to Apply
Visit one of three Detroit at Work career centers, open Monday to Friday, and attend one of the three daily orientation sessions at 9am, 11am and 2pm. In the orientation, make staff aware of your interest in the EMT training program, and make sure to bring a valid Drivers License, proof of age, and a copy of either your high-school diploma or GED attainment certificate.