Build your Business and Your City
There has never been a better time for Detroiters to get involved in Detroit’s demolition and home rehab programs, or for existing business owners to expand into this new segment.
The City of Detroit’s demolition program is the largest in the nation and the city expects to expand it even further. In the past two years, the city has demolished more than 8,600 vacant and dangerous buildings. As a result of additional new funding, the rate of demolition is expected to grow to 5,000 in 2016 and 6,000 in 2017.
That means that the funding is now in place that will require demolition and construction-related skills for several years – long enough to make it worthwhile getting into a new field without worrying that the work will dry up in a few months’ time.
The City of Detroit wants to encourage existing Detroit businesses, and individuals who have experience or desire to consider this business opportunity. A Detroit Contractor Opportunity Fair was held at Northwest Activities Center, May 13 from 1-4pm, where interested parties had the opportunity to…
Get the process started now
- Learn about how to become a contractor.
- Review current demolition contracting opportunities.
- Apply for Housing & Revitalization Department contracting opportunities.
Find out if you are ready to do business with the City
- Learn about the City of Detroit purchasing process.
- Submit a City of Detroit supplier application
- Read supplier application instructions
Gain access to even more opportunities by becoming a Detroit Certified Business.
- Certify your business.
- If you’ve been a certified business before and wish to re-certify.
- If you’re not sure that you’re certified and want to verify.
But it’s still not too late. If you’d like to find out more about how you can participate in this new and growing opportunity, please visit the City of Detroit’s Contractor Opportunities page.